In order to improve sustainable mobility around the peninsula, there are a number of proposed projects in the works. These include:
- Introducing new bus routes.
- Transitioning all buses to low carbon emission vehicles.
- Integrating bus services with other transport systems.
- Providing an online booking engine.
- Providing suitable bus shelters around the peninsula.
- Encouraging walking and cycling initiatives including the development of safe routes and implementing traffic management plans.
- Providing the infrastructure to enable the use of e-bikes and e-scooters
- Providing suitable charging and parking facilities for electric vehicles (EV’s) on the peninsula.
In order to make some of these projects a reality discussions
are underway between the following parties:
- The Dingle Hub, Gluaiseacht Corca Dhuibhne and the Community Energy Mentor Group
- Kerry County Council
- North, East and West Kerry Development (NEWKD)
- Local Link Kerry (LLK)
- Bus Éireann
- National Transport Authority (NTA)
- Department of Transport