In order to improve the sustainability of travel around the peninsula, there are a number of proposed projects in the works. These include:
- Introducing new bus routes.
- Transitioning all buses to low carbon emission vehicles.
- Integrating bus services with other transport systems.
- Providing an online booking engine.
- Providing suitable bus shelters around the peninsula.
- Providing suitable charging and parking facilities for electric vehicles (EV’s) on the peninsula.
In order to make some of these projects a reality discussions are underway between the following parties:
- The Dingle Hub and Community Energy Mentor Group
- Kerry County Council
- North, East and West Kerry Development (NEWKD)
- Local Link Kerry (LLK)
- National Transport Authority (NTA)
- ESB Networks
- Gas Networks Ireland (GNI)
- Local Link Kerry
- Bus Eireann