In May 2020, the Dingle Innovation and Creativity Hub was awarded €220,000 to run a Sustainable Innovation Pilot (SIP), Precision Farming on Rural Farms, as part of the 3-year Ploutos project (2020-2023). This will build on and develop the work carried out in the Farm Ambassador Pilot Programme and will facilitate the roll-out of the IoT Farm Ambassador sensors to an additional 30 farms on the peninsula.
The Ploutos project aims to help re-balance the agri-food value chain and enhance its sustainability by establishing a Sustainable Innovation Framework, powered by the combination of behaviour innovation, collaborative business model innovation and data driven technological services.
Eleven Sustainable Innovation Pilots have been chosen across Europe:
- The Support of a Frozen Fruit Value Chain Consisting of Small Farmers – Greece
- Better food-chain contracts for improved durum wheat production – Italy
- Empowering consumers through crowdsourcing to regain control over their food and create healthy, sustainable, fair-trade product – France
- Traceability solutions covering the Horticulture Greenhouse Value Chain to improve overall efficiency, sustainability performance and brand recognition – Spain
- Precision Farming on rural farms demonstrating its benefit in the wider agri-food community and co-creating new food products and services – Ireland
- Applying soil-passport approach and precision farming technologies in Slovenia to increase soil health and sustainability as a whole – Slovenia
- Supporting wine producers in taking advantage of the changes in labelling regulations – Cyprus
- Carbon Farming: compensating farmers for climate friendly management – Netherlands
- Facilitating the transfer of surplus food from farms to socially disadvantaged group by aligning logistics and processes – Macedonia
- Increase sustainability in the grapevine sector by introducing payments for ecosystem services – Italy
- Introduction of IoT solutions through NADIA platform to the agri-food sector and generate synergies between tourism and agriculture – Balearic Islands, Spain
For more information: https://ploutos-h2020.eu/
Ploutos received funding from the EU Horizon 2020 Programme